Company Handbook (aka.Employee Handbook):
What should be included?
This article was written by Jennifer Lewis HR
AN ESSENTIAL STAFF COMPANY GUIDE...
Your Company Handbook is an essential guide for every member of your organisation.
Often referred to as an Employee Handbook or Staff Handbook, fundamentally, your handbook serves as a Staff Guide and is there to help manage expectations as to what is and is not permitted in the workplace.
WHY YOU'LL FIND OUR HANDBOOK TEMPLATE USEFUL...
- Drawn from years of Handbook Consultation experience.
- You'll benefit from the daily exposure that we gain from writing, producing and implementing Company Handbooks for our larger paying Clients.
- You'll find our handbook guide easy to complete (less than a couple of hours) - we've made the Company Handbook Template as succinct and pertinent as possible.
- You may choose to upgrade(subscribe) to one of our Support packages - should you feel overwhelmed with Handbook legalities etc.
- You may upgrade to us doing all the work - should you later prefer for us to do the work and your above purchases will contribute and come of the balance of our quote.
YOUR COMPANY HANDBOOK CONTENT COVERS:
- Sickness absence and procedures for staff who are unfit for work
- Discipline and Grievance procedures: who to contact when problems arise, and the steps you’ll take to resolve these issues
- Bullying and harassment: your policy and reporting procedures
- Equal opportunity and diversity rights and other areas of best practice
- Maternity and Paternity Leave and other Family Friendly Rights.
- Your code of conduct and other standards required by your company
- The challenge is making sure that your handbook complies with employment legislation – not just for today, but as it changes over time.
GET SUPPORT - KEEP YOUR COMPANY HANDBOOK UP TO DATE...
FOR FREE: Receive alerts on all the latest Company Handbook updates for free - subscribe to our Company Handbook Update Alert service.
FOR MINIMAL SUBSCRIPTION: We'll even check your Staff Handback Guidance Content every quarter for a monthly subscription fee of £30pcm.
LET US DEVELOP YOUR HANDBOOK WITH YOU...
At Jennifer Lewis HR, we can oversee the development of your employee handbook and keep you up to date with changes to employment law amongst other legislation.
When you engage our services, we don’t use generic templates - you provide the information, and we tailor your handbook (or employment contracts) to reflect your standards and objectives.
REQUEST A FREE HANDBOOK CONSULTATION...
If you’re producing an employee handbook or contracts of employment, e-mail Jennifer Lewis HR for expert HR support. Alternatively, call 0845 073 1050.